- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 12 dry lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef, onion and garlic for 5 minutes; drain fat.
Mix in basil, oregano, brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
Lay noodles flat on towels, and blot dry.
In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, parsley and 1 teaspoon salt.
Layer 1/3 of the lasagna noodles in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Cover noodles with 1/2 ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the sauce.
Repeat. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese over the top.
Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :