Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Amish Friendship Bread I”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “staci” : My boss gave me a list of his variations. In each one, he adds a box of pudding mix (whatever flavor you choose). It makes the bread very moist, and it stays moist for days. Our favorites include: add 1 cup of craisins (dried cranberries), 1 cup of walnuts, and 1 box of vanilla pudding. Another includes: 1 smashed banana, 1 cup of walnuts, and 1 box of banana cream pudding. Yet another is 1 cup white chocolate chips, 1 cup macadamia nuts (chopped), and 1 box of white chocolate pudding. YUM!!! These are always big hits, and are great for the holidays! I’ll warn you though, you may think you’ve done something wrong when you mix these in on day 10, because the batter is more the consistancy of cake batter than of bread dough, but it’s OK, it bakes up just like bread.
- “debbie” : I love experimenting and trying all kinds of combinations. Because I’m so frugal and couldn’t find enough friends to keep giving starter to, I now only “feed” 1/4 cup of each ingredient, make 2 loaves at the end of 10 days and then have just enough starter in my zip bag to continue without wasting any. Still works perfectly. By the way, a favorite is pistacio pudding & chopped pistatios!! Excellent!
- “samanta” : I used this recipe as a base for a healthier, whole wheat bread. I used two cups whole wheat flour instead of white, substituted 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce and 1/3 cup oil for the 2/3 cup oil, and upped the cinnamon to 2 tsp. I also added 1 chopped granny smith apple and 1 cup nut/dried fruit mix.I replaced half of the sugar with Splenda and baked in mini loaf pans for 40 minutes. Delicious and healthy!!
- “candy” : I have made this bread for years and love it. I add a little allspice and nutmeg to the recipe. Also I freeze any leftover starters that I don’t give away. That way, it I have a taste for the bread, I always have a starter waiting for me in the freezer. Also, the fresh baked bread make wonderful gifts, especially to new neighbors!
- “melissa” : I was given a started by a friend. Since then I have been experimenting. After the pans are greased, I coat them with sugar/cinnamon mixture. (Like you do with flour for cake pans.)I have used chocolate pudding and mini chocolate chips. Awesome – like cake brownies. I have also used the vanilla pudding and added chopped apples and raisins. But my favorite to date is adding in a bag of cinnamon chips and sprinkling some of the sugar/cinnamon on top also. YUM! Next batch I am going to make some orange flavored sugar to coat the pans with and put ing cranberries and some orange peel. Also want to try adding rhubarb as soon as my rhubarb is ready. The possibilities are endless.
- “nora” : I had not had any of this bread since the early 90’s,till a friend gave me a starter recently. The bread was just as I remembered–delicious!! My family always liked it cooked with a can of pie filling so that’s what they asked for this time. I made 9 loaves using all of the starter except 1 cup. 3 were apple and pecan sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, 3 were cherry and the last 3 were something I hadn’t tried before-peach. I don’t know what was better, the bread or sharing the day with my granddaughter cooking the loaves. She took 1 of each flavor home with her. What a great day we had making new memories!!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :