Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Favorite Old Fashioned Gingerbread”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “francine” : This gingerbread, handsdown, is the best I’ve ever tasted. I doubled the spices, used a whole cup of robust molasses, and added 1/2 cup applesauce. It turned out moist and absolutely delish. I’ve made it twice already and even those who swear they hate gingerbread say that this is to die for. Here’s a secret idea that I got from a restaurant…Toast a slice in a toaster over then drizzled with caramel sauce (homemade is the best) and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Amazing. I will be making this forever.
- “sarah” : I give this recipe 5 stars, but with a disclaimer… it depends on which kind of molasses is used, a triumphant 5 stars using Unsulphured, but a paltry 2 stars using Blackstrap. Here’s why: Please remember there are three distinctly different choices when it comes to molasses, as it will impact your recipe’s flavor quite a lot. 1) Unsulphured Molasses is the sweetest, with a mild molasses taste. 2) Sulphured Molasses is less sweet, more minerally, with a stronger molasses taste. 3) Blackstrap Molasses is not very sweet at all, has a hard, licorice-like flavor… so choose carefully, your satisfaction will depend on it. And yet how many of these recipes recommend any one kind… they just say molasses…lol, is it just me?
- “sam” : OMG this is probably the BEST cake recipe I’ve found on this website!! It tasted much better than I expected. I doubled all the spices, replaced half of the butter with applesauce, replaced the molassass with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup honey. I will DEFINITELY be making this again!
- “sabrina” : This is really good. I recommend increasing the cinnamon and ginger to at least 2 teaspoons each. I personally like my gingerbread a bit more moist, so I will add a little bit more water next time (maybe an additional 2 tablespoons of water). I baked in a springform pan as well (9 1/2 “) and it was really pretty. You can sprinkle powdered sugar over the top for a nice presentation.
- “elodie” : We loved this moist gingerbread. I put it in a loaf pan, which worked out great. A creamcheese with orange peel frosting tops this well. Especially when you’re sharing it with the office! They raved about it! I added 2 tsp. of ginger, but kept everything else as Charles submitted it. It has a lot of flavor and the texture was light and moist. Great with a rich cup of coffee!
- “melissa” :Delicious gingerbread. Will make again. Especially good with ice cream. In my oven, the 1 hour cooking time was too much-it started to scorch at 50 mins. Will begin checking at 45 mins next time. Thank you!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :