- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 slice white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon minced black olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons diced green chile peppers
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 6 tablespoons shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch dried basil
- seasoned salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Prepare the grill for indirect heat.
Place the zucchini in a pot with enough water to cover.
Bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes. Drain, cool, and cut in half lengthwise.
Scoop out the pulp to about 1/4 inch from the skin. Chop pulp.
In a bowl, mix the zucchini pulp, bread pieces, bacon bits, olives, jalapeno, green chile peppers, onion, tomato, and Cheddar cheese.
Season with basil, seasoned salt, and pepper.
Stuff the zucchini halves with the pulp mixture.
Seal each stuffed half in aluminum foil.
Place foil packets on the prepared grill over indirect heat.
Cook 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :