Inspired plant-based cooking can be pretty daunting. Whether you’re simply trying to eat less meat or you’re cutting out animal products, it can be challenging to make a plate of plants appealing. With a couple of tips and a handful of secret ingredients, however, you’ll be a vegan kitchen boss in no time.
As a starter check out this easy and delicious “5 Minute Bowl Cinnamon Rolls” that will make you fall in love with vegan recipes if you’re not already…:
- 1/2 of a large banana
- 6 tbsp all purpose flour (paleo, gf, or regular all work!) more if needed*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-4 tablespoons almond milk only if needed (roughly 1 tbsp if using regular flour, 4 tbsp for gf, none for paleo – brands can be different though so start with less or none and add as needed)
* I mean all purpose blends I haven’t tested oat, almond, etc individually
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Coconut oil for brushing
- Caramel (feel free to double if you like lots of caramel!)
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk cream (hardened thick white part on top of chilled or unshaken can)
- Pinch salt
Mix dough ingredients together in a bowl until a thick dough forms.
Because different brands of flour blends can be different start with a little almond milk (none for paleo flour) and only add as needed (for brands I used it was no almond milk for paleo, 1 tbsp for regular all purpose, and 4 tbsp for gluten free).
If you add too much almond milk add a little more flour until a thick dough forms (not too much though or they will be too cakey).
Dough should be thick but may be a bit sticky.
Roll out dough with hands on a floured surface (sprinkle flour on dough and hands to prevent sticking) Don’t roll it too thin.
Brush with melted coconut oil. Pour cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
Gently press cinnamon sugar mixture to avoid it spilling out.
Roll up dough. Cut in 3 equal slices.
In a large, bowl (one I used in video was so you could see them better but caramel spilled out everywhere so I don’t recommend lol) stir together coconut sugar, coconut milk cream, and salt. Place sliced cinnamon rolls on top. Microwave for about 90 seconds (microwave times may vary slightly) Let cool just slightly then enjoy!!