Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “BLACK BEAN AND RICE CASSEROLE”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “clara” : This was delicious! I’m giving it five stars based on how good it would be even without my changes! Omitted the mushrooms and carrots (didn’t have any), chicken broth instead of veggie (what I had), probably doubled the cumin and used chili powder instead of the peppers (I’m a hot-spice wimp), and added a can of (well-drained) petite diced tomatoes. I also halved the cheese — 1/2 C mexican blend mixed in, then maybe 1/2 C on top — to watch my middle! (If anyone else tries with tomatoes, I made sure to spoon off the 1/2 C or so of liquid that they released. It would have been soggy otherwise!) My boyfriend LOVED IT, and I will make it again and again!
- “kendra” : Very tasty…I’m already looking forward to having leftovers for lunch today! My husband really, really loved this. I liked it a lot as well, but would probably change up a few things in the future. First, it’s called a brown rice casserole, but I didn’t think there was nearly enough rice. I’d double the rice amount in the future. The carrot is also lost…not enough for flavor or even really color. I’d either added far more or omit entirely in the future. The swiss was good, but I think I’d like to try this with cheddar instead or in addition. Lastly, I think the chicken could be easily omitted to make this a vegetarian meal if so desired. This recipe is great as written, and I think it’ll stand up to customization as well so I’m excited to try it again with my own spin. Thanks!
- “dona” : Very good. Tried it on the basis of the good reviews it received. I needed a good casserole recipe to take to a friend’s house. Very pleased that I picked this recipe. When my husband saw it cooking, he said “That’s girl’s food.” (Because of all the veggies in it.) However, I gave him a dish of it and he really thought it was good. Tip: If you use canned black beans, be sure to rinse them thoroughly – otherwise the sauce that the beans are in can “discolor” the casserole. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!
- “linda” : This recipe was absolutely scrumptious. We did however spice it up a tad bit more by adding 1/4 cup minced garlic, and using the shredded “Mexican Four Cheese” packs that virtually all cheese makers sell instead of using Swiss, plus we added extra cumin and cayenne pepper, and put sour cream on the servings. Aside from the cheese, this is not only a filling meal, but healthy.
- “silvia” : My husband LOVES this! And I have a harder time getting HIM to eat his veggies than I do with our 3 yr old. I love the flavors, I love the blending of such different ingredients…and when I first saw it, I really thought it might be weird. The only part I didn’t like was the prep work. I suppose if I used leftover chicken from another meal, that would considerably shorten my prep time. But I tend to cook for EXACTLY who needs to eat, with very little leftovers. And I really couldn’t see there being 2 whole leftover breasts from any of our meals! I am actually pregnant right now & have been directed by my midwives to have some sort of hearty meal with plenty of protein & complex carbs (yay for brown rice!) ready to eat after I deliver. I am going to make this & freeze it. I wish there were MORE stars to rate with!! It is TRULY a fabulous blend of food groups & flavor!
- “melisa” : This was really, really tasty. I subbed just over a cup of sliced bell peppers that I sauteed with the chicken instead of the zuchinni and mushrooms (no decent zuchinni around here in Jan. and I don’t like mushrooms). I did closer to 2/3 cup of carrots and did a mix of cheddar and monteray jack cheeses. The end result was great and I will definitely make this again
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :