Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Boudreaux’s Zydeco Stomp Gumbo”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “dina” : My 3yo ate this. That by far is an accomplishment!!!! I did take the advice of others. I cut the chx broth to 3 cans. did not have roma tomatoes so i used 2 cans of diced plus about a cup of crushed tomatoes. i also added crabmeat, i would not recommend wasting money on lump meat, in the end its not lump anymore. i did not add the shrimp with the other meats (for 20mins due complaints of them being rubbery). I waited until it was done, turned the pot off, then added the shrimp, stirring occasionally. they were done and perfect in about 10-15mins. this also served as my cooling time. This is definitely a keeper!!!!! oh yeah if don’t have sweet onions on hand use reg onions and 1 1/2 teaspoons of white sugar.
- “natalie” : This was my second try with this recipe and my third try at gumbo. My first attempt was when I was wooing my wife and I went a bit overboard with the seafood (about a $60 pot of Gumbo). The first time I tried this recipe it came out great and my wife and I both loved it. Just made it for the third time and it is the best yet. As I have been told Gumbo is all about the roux. My first tries I was paranoid about burning it so I proceeded before the roux was ready. This time I used medium/low heat and took my time. It took about 35 minutes, but it was well worth it. Roux should be a nice medium brown (at least a little darker than peanut butter). A good roux has a delicious nutty aroma and will make a good recipe phenomenal. Thank you so much for the recipe
- “tamala” : This is the best thing I cook! I love it. It is soooo flavorful and has quite a kick. I am new to cooking and this is a challenging recipe, but I have made it more than any other recipe I have because it is so worth it. It makes a lot so I freeze half and I think it is even better reheated. I have made some changes to the recipe too: I cut back on the broth, omitted the sausage (health reasons), omitted the shrimp, doubled the chicken. I didn’t find that the shrimp was worth the effort since the chicken is so good in it anyway. I add the entire can of tomatoes with peppers. Double the celery. Also, I don’t fry up the chicken, I just let it cook right in the soup. It’s much easier that way. I never reviewed a recipe before, but I like this one so much I made an exception.
- “rebecca” : made this a day ahead so the flavors could marinate. It has a kick to it and turned out pretty good . shared it with family and friends. Also took the shells from the shrimp and baked them at 375 until golden brown and add them to the beer and chicken broth and cooked for 1-2 hours add alot of flavor to the broth. good use for the shrimp shells nothing goes to waste this way.
- “jean” : I reviewed several of the gumbo receipes on this site, and I followed this one more than the others. However, I chose to do the roux with 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup flour. It cooked beautifully, darkened nicely and wasn’t oily. I also used Andouille sausage (it’s a must). 6 cups of chicken broth(low sodium) was plenty. You don’t need to cook the chicken separately, I simply added it with vegetables and it cooked fine. I used 4 cloves of garlic, added a red bell pepper and one chopped jalapeno pepper, along with the other vegetables. I used 1/4 cup of Cajun seasoning, 2 tsps of red pepper sauce, and a tablespoon of file powder at the end (a must). My husband went nuts over it (we like spice), served it over white rice.
- “lara” : Num, num! This recipe was the first time I have ever tried gumbo or Cajun food. I made it twice because a friend of mine who lived in Louisiana for a while asked me to make her some more 🙂 The main change I made the second time was less oil in the roux – I cut it to 1/2 cup. The flavor was as good or better and I didn’t have to skim a ton of oil off the top. I had to use dried red chiles, but it still tasted great!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :