Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Chicken and Biscuit Casserole”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “dalia” : I made this 1 other time before and followed the recipe to a T. It was very good and the proportions are very balanced. This time I made sure to cut the celery and carrot pieces smaller than the onion so that they are all done at the same time. I also substituted some half-and-half for the chicken broth (1/4 of the portion) just to give it some richness and color. I added about 3/4 tbsp. of poultry seasoning and a dash of cayenne. I used frozen peas instead of canned and did not bake the biscuits with the casserole. I used frozen buttermilk biscuits and poured the mixture on top. I love the way that the biscuit melts when the sauce is poured on it. This time it came out DIVINE.
- “katie” : This is a staple wintertime recipe. Also, hate to say it, but I’ve made it both with chicken broth and then with 4 bouillon cubes + 4 cups water. Now I like to go “fresh” when I can, but it was much blander with the chick. broth. Tastes considerably better with the bouillon cubes; either way, it’s an excellent recipe, and nice to see a casserole without a can of soup in it, and also with so many fresh veggies.
- “nadia” : Great recipe–I would use a little less black pepper, and I used Bisquick baking mix with 2/3 cup buttermilk instead of regular milk. Bought a whole roasted chicken and used that for the 4 cups of chicken meat. Oh yes, you must use frozen peas instead of canned, big difference. Enjoy!
- “alyson” : Soooooo very good! I didn’t add the celery, but I did add corn and potatoes (that I cooked in the microwave first). I also used 4 chicken stock cubes and 4 cups of water instead of the chicken broth. I didn’t roll or flatten the biscuits with my hands as the instructions stated to do. I realized that my biscuit mix was much too sticky to mess with so instead I just spooned 6 “blops” of the mix onto the chicken mixture. Then I cooked the whole thing in a round casserole dish instead of the 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- “natasha” : This is a good recipe!I left out the celery. I added extra onion and more peas. The basil is a must! It really make the sauce! I floured the biscuits in a small bowl instead of on wax paper…less mess!I didn’t cover it the last 10 min. either. I will probably 1/2 the recipe next time, it makes alot.Perfect for a big family!
- “lori” : i just made this havent tasted it yet, but i cant help commenting on the people who completely change the recipe and then comment. please save yourself the time, tweaking it is one thing, but completely changing it is another for pete’s sake!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :