Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Chocolate Covered Strawberries”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “jennifer” : Sooooo Good! I am giving one dozen of these to my Mother and Father in law for their 9th anniversary. I am on a fixed budget and it only cost me $4.50 to make these – No Kidding! $2.50 for Strawberries (18), and the chocolate (milk & white) was on sale for $1.00 a bag each! They look gorgeous and taste even better. I also used a small crock pot instead of a double boiler which worked out well. I dipped the strawberries in milk chocolate, let them cool in the fridge for approx. 15 minutes and then took a toothpick, dipped it in white chocolate and strung it over the milk chocolate. AWESOME!!!
- “nadia” : Just FYI: Chocolate chips come in 11.5 ounce bags now. I used half milk chocolate and half semi-sweet chocolate and I did not use shortening, but butter (a little less than 2 T due to smaller bag of chips). Since chocolate burns easily and then gets hard and globby (even in the microwave), it is good to get the water in the double-boiler actually boiling, melt the butter (or shortening) first, and then add the chocolate so everything is nice and toasty warm for it to gently melt. If you don’t have a double-boiler, try using a regular pot, get the water boiling in it, then use a smaller pot to rest in the big one to melt the butter & choc chips. These are really tasty. Thank you!
- “kim” : Awesome! I’ve never made these before because I assumed that they would be very difficult and time-consuming, but these were very simple. I used an 11.5 oz. bag of milk chocolate chips and slightly less than 2 Tbsp. of shortening and they turned out perfectly. I don’t own a double boiler so I microwaved the chocolate chips and shortening in a glass bowl (about 2-3 minutes at 70% power) and used the toothpicks and styrofoam idea, which worked very well. I dipped 30 medium to large-sized strawberries and still had quite a bit of the chocolate mixture left over. I’m sure that I could have dipped at least 10 more strawberries. Also, be sure that the strawberries are thoroughly dry so that the chocolate will stick properly. Thanks for a great recipe!
- “jodi” : I used a regular pot on the stove and melted the 2 T. of shortening first and then added an 11.5 oz. pkg. of Guittard milk chocolate chips. It melted up very smooth! I stuck toothpicks in the (dry) strawberries, dipped them in the chocolate, and then placed them in upside down plastic strainers/colanders with small holes. They worked really well and the strawberries were very tasty!
- “mia” : I LOVE making chocolate covered strawberries, especially for Valentine’s Day. Over the years I’ve learned to add a little kick to them. Here are my little secrets – 1) I use semi-sweet chocolate and definitely drizzle the white chocolate over for a beautiful effect; 2) SPIKE THEM! – and here’s how… Fill a syringe with a sweet white dessert wine, like a nice Reisling, and slowly inject the wine into the strawberries from near the stem (after you’ve done the dipping in chocolate.) You want to inject enough wine to saturate the berries, but watch not to add too much otherwise they end up becoming runny. These are always a hit when I bring them to dinner parties and of course when treating my husband to a romantic dinner at home. Enjoy!
- “sara” : These were an excellent, easy and elegant dessert that we really loved. Like some others, I omitted the shortening and did not miss it. I also found that 12 ounces of Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate (or “bittersweet”) chips was good for 2 pounds of strawberries. I also just dipped the berries,let the excess chocolate drip off, and placed them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet in the refrigerator for about 4 hours until I was ready to serve them. (The chocolate hardened in about 30 minutes.) I still had a little bit of chocolate left, so I drizzled it over pretzel sticks and put them in the refrigerator to harden. Once the chocolate was set, I put them in a zip lock bag to enjoy later. We will definitely make these strawberries again and again.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :