Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Classic Tiramisu”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “anna” : This was EXCELLENT! I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing this Tiramisu is. I have some points to make, 1. it’s EASY, 2. It’s great that the eggs are cooked, 3. I didn’t add any vanilla at all even though I was worried that since there were 6 egg yolks it will have this eggy smell, but it didn’t, 4. I only used espresso and no coffee liquer (1/2 cup water and 2 tbsp of coffee), 5. I chilled the bowl that I was planning on beating the whipping cream in, make sure to get the whipping cream that looks like a milk carton in teh fridges, and not the ‘whipped’ cream. 6. Mascarpone cheese isn’t hard to find but it’s expensive $8.99., 7. Make sure to use the soft lady fingers, if you go to a large grocery store you wont’ have a hard time finding them, I bought 3 10 oz packages, 8. I refrigerated the mascarpone/egg mix while I was beating the whipping cream. 9. And this might be helpful, use a cheese cake pan, chill it, and the next morning you can just pop the tiramisu out. It looked beuatiful! I decorated it with some fresh raspberries and slices of strawberries, shredded chocolate and dusted cocoa powder. Took it to work and everyone oooed and aahhhed at it. It tasted very very good!!!! Keeper! By the way, it’s important you chill over night.
- “naela” : This is awesome! Same recipie fromback of the ladyfinger package, except they gave a wonderful substitute for the marcapone cheese, it’s one 8 oz package of cream cheese, 1/4 cup sour cream and 2 tbs heavy cream, whipped together…this was the best dessert I’ve ever made! I brushed on really potent coffee, no alcohol, and it was a great, light, coffee and chocolate taste!
- “farah” : My friends love this Tiramisu and I love serving it. I substitute the Mascarpone cheese with 8oz of cream cheese, one-fourth cup heavy cream and 3 tablespoons of sour cream. I use 2, 3oz packs of soft ladyfingers (bought from the bakery section of the local Kroger). I don’t use coffee liquer, so I substitute with espresso (half cup water + 2 tablespoons instant coffee). Serve it in a 3QT dish. Suggest keeping this dessert in the fridge overnight. This Tiramisu is divine – thank you Carol for sharing this wonderful recipe!
- “carol” : I have made this many times, LOVE it and get tons of compliments!!! Here is a summary of the tips I use from other reviewers: 1. I scale the recipe to 10 servings so I can just use the 8 oz. container of mascarpone cheese. 2. I use the Savoiardi style hard ladyfingers, buy them in a 17.5 oz. Package (which has 60 ladyfingers) and use about 32. I do not split the ladyfingers. Also, I have used the soft ones from Trader Joes but do not like the result as much. 3. I like to layer the dessert in a loaf shape. Yes, your “filling” should be thick enough to do this! I sometimes use two 9.5 c “Ziploc” containers and make two, 2-layer desserts 2-go or 2-gift! 4. I use a hand-held electric mixer when cooking the egg yolks & sugar (for the full 10 min. on low heat). 5. I refrigerate the mascarpone mix while beating the HEAVY whipping cream, in a chilled bowl, until it is super stiff. 5. Instead of the Kahlua, I make two 6 oz. cups of extra strong coffee (4 TBSP coffee per 6 oz water). I dunk the ladyfingers completely, but quickly, in the coffee. 6. It is even better a day or two later and has a wonderful ice-cream quality if you can freeze/thaw it before serving! Thanks so much for the recipe
- “sabrina” : It is wonderful! But mascarpone cheese is really expensive, i found a substitute… 8 oz cream cheese 2 tsp of sour cream and 2 tsp of heavy cream combined.
- “nicole” : excellent recipe!!!! rave reviews from everyone!!! i found that i had to 1/2 the sugar. also, the double boiler must be on the lowest heat setting!! too high will cause the egg to cook and clump, and must be cooked for the full 10 minutes, otherwise sugar grains will appear in your tiramisu. also i accidentally went out of order the first time and whipped the cream first. bad idea. the whole tiramisu came out runny (as the whipped cream had slightly melted). the tiramisu consistency highly depends on the whipped cream consistency!!!! excellent recipe, have made a dozen times!!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :