This “Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese” is a showstopper centerpiece whatever the occasion. Richly flavored, it satisfies vegans and non-vegans alike! Made with simple ingredients, this vegetarian Plant Based recipe is easy to make.
If you’re like me and always feel short on time and don’t want to babysit something for hours, this is a great easy vegan recipe for you:
Cashew Cheeze Sauce:
- 1/3 cup roasted kabocha squash, sweet potato or butternut squash
- 1/3 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup filtered water or veggie broth
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Blend everything in a high-speed blender.
Add the sauce to your favorite pasta with some leafy greens and lightly steamed broccoli! Enjoy!