Hi all and welcome back to The Fabulous Mommies (Home of Plant Based recipes)! I Made “Creamy vegan Mushroom Stroganoff” today so I thought I’d share with all my savoury lovers! I actually made a few varieties but will share this one for now and the others sometime next week. Hope you have all been well! Tag a friend who might like this in our instagram page:
- 1 onion diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 11 oz mushrooms, sliced (300 g)
- 4 tbsp white wine (optional)
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth or water (180 ml)
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk or plant-based cream (180 ml)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Spice mixture: 1 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, a pinch of chili flakes, sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- Fresh thyme leaves and/or parsley (and/or tarragon), chopped
- Serve with brown rice or pasta of choice
Heat oil in a large pan/skillet, add onion and fry for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and fry for a further 1 minute.
Now add the mushrooms and fry over medium heat for about 5 mins.
Pour in white wine (optional), vegetable broth, tamari (or soy sauce), and the spice mixture. @elavegan loves adding nutritional yeast flakes as well but that’s optional! Bring to a boil.
Add cornstarch to the plant-based milk or cream and stir to dissolve.
Pour the milk/cream mixture into the pan and cook on low-medium heat for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens. Taste and adjust seasonings as to your preference.
Add fresh thyme leaves and/or parsley and/or tarragon to taste! Enjoy with brown rice or pasta of choice!