I specialize in recipes that are enjoyed by all, no matter your eating style, so whether you follow a plant based diet or are just looking to work a few more vegetables into your diet, you’re sure to find something you love. From vegan dinners, to breakfast, lunch, meal prep, desserts, and snacks, I have a little something for everyone! So here we are again today with a new glorious vegan recipe named “Crisp Garlic Roast Potatoes”, get in and let’s make it together:
- 3kg potatoes, peeled and cut into halves or quarters
- ¼ tsp salt
- 50g vegan butter
- ¼ cup rosemary & garlic flavoured olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped (you can use more or less)
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1-2 tsp stock powder (you can use salt if you wish, just use a bit less)
- Generous sprinkle of mingleseasoning all purpose mix
- Pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a pot and add the ¼ tsp salt, and cover with water. Cook the potatoes in for 10-12 minutes until the potatoes have just started to soften and are cooked.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain the water and give the potatoes a shake in the pot to rough up the edges. If the potatoes break up and turn into mashed potato, that’s ok, it’ll become delicious and crispy in the oven later!
- Preheat the oven to 200C and place the butter and oil onto a roasting pan. Place pan in the oven so butter melts. Once butter melts add the potatoes, garlic, herbs, spices, salt and pepper and give everything a good stir to coat everything well.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50-60 mins. This is just a loose time frame as sometimes you may need to cook it more or less but if you think it needs more time to get crispy, leave it in for longer. Enjoy!