Looking for the best vegan recipes? This blog will help you cut out meat, dairy, and other animal products—and all recipes here prove that vegan food is anything but bland. After all, so many of the flavors we spice our meats with are plant-based: onions, garlic, spices, herbs…and so on. So today im happy to walk you through and yummy and tasty vegan recipes named “Crispy skinned salt & vinegar hasselback potatoes”:
- 3kg baby potatoes, skin on
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 50g butter (or vegan butter)
- ¼ cup @cobramestate rosemary & garlic flavoured olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped (you can use more or less)
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1-2 tsp stock powder (you can use salt if you wish, just use a bit less)
- Generous sprinkle of @mingleseasoning all purpose mix (optional)
- Pepper to taste
1. Place the potatoes, salt, and vinegar in a pot and cover with water. Cook the potatoes in for 10 minutes until the potatoes have just started to soften and are cooked. Let the potatoes steep in the vinegary water for an hour or so.
2. After an hour drain the potatoes. Hasselback the potatoes but cutting halfway through the potato into thin fan-like slices. (I recommend watching a YouTube to get a better idea of what to do)
3. Preheat the oven to 200C and place the butter and oil onto a roasting pan. Place pan in the oven so butter melts. Once butter melts add the potatoes, garlic, herbs, spices, salt and pepper and give everything a good stir to coat everything well.
4. Place in the oven and bake for 50-60 mins. This is just a loose time frame as sometimes you may need to cook it more or less but if you think it needs more time to get crispy, leave it in for longer.