Inspired plant-based cooking can be pretty daunting. Whether you’re simply trying to eat less meat or you’re cutting out animal products, it can be challenging to make a plate of plants appealing. With a couple of tips and a handful of secret ingredients, however, you’ll be a vegan kitchen boss in no time.
As a starter check out this easy and delicious “Crispy Wedges, Roasted Mushrooms, Crunchy Broccoli and Creamy Hummus ” that will make you fall in love with vegan recipes if you’re not already…:
Balsamic Soy Garlic Mushrooms
- Crispy Wedges:
- 2-3 medium potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp corn meal
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs (gluten free breadcrumbs work too)
- 1 tbsp flour of choice (gluten free flour works too)
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried herbs like parsley or basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bake at 425 F / 220 C on a parchment-lined baking tray for 45 minutes, flipping after 25.
- Roasted Mushrooms recipe:
- 1 lb Button Mushrooms (wiped clean, stems trimmed or removed)
- 2-3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh Chives (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Sprinkle Black Pepper
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400°.
Toss clean mushrooms into ziploc bag; add olive oil, fresh chives, salt, and pepper; gently massage.
Place in oiled skillet;
Bake 10-12 minutes.
Creamy Hummus Recipe:
- 1 x 400g (14 oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 10-12 tbsp aquafaba (from the can of chickpeas)
- 8 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼-½ tsp sea salt
Place the drained chickpeas, 10 tbsp aquafaba, the tahini, lemon juice, and ¼ tsp sea salt into a food processor or blender, and blitz for 2-3 minutes, until smooth. If necessary, add more aquafaba to loosen the hummus.
Taste, and add more salt if required. Enjoy!