Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Cuban Ropa Vieja”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “karen” : And 5 more stars too! I made this with a 4 lb chuck roast, doubled all the ingredients and added a LOT more garlic (that’s my personal preference, but 2 cloves sounded way too light for this much meat!)The only other change I made was to add 2 packets of Goya sazon and some capers near the end. This recipe is as good as ANYTHING you’ll get in a cuban restaurant(even in Miami). Served it with moros y christianos (black beans & white rice) for a really traditional cuban meal. A good squeeze of lime on top is all it needs. do try this..you won’t be disappointed!
- “lisa” : My husband is Cuban and he loved this dish! As suggested by other reviewers, I increased the amount of garlic. I did add some extra cumin and some salt towards the end to adjust the flavors.
- “ema” : I bought a crock pot specifically for this recipe. I could not have been HAPPIER!!! I made this ropa vieja for my boyfriend’s 30th birthday and I got nothing but rave reviews for days to come! The only changes I made was I added an entire head of garlic (chopped) and 1/2 a 7oz jar of diced red pimientos, in addition to all the other ingredients. I also took out some of the liquid approx 1 hour prior to finishing (on the 4 hours HIGH mode), shredded the meat then, and added 2 tblspns of Brown Sugar, then stirred. This really made the flavors come alive by the end of the 4 hours. Probably one of the best recipes I’ve ever made! Served over white rice, black beans, w/ salad. THank you so much!!
- “anderson” : Hi! This is my recipe. When you send things in AR tweaks them. I definately add more cumin and vinegar (apple cider) and don’t add the cilantro till serving. I also add a sazon packet and bay leaf. Hope you love it as much as my family does!
- “anna” : I was happy to find this quick version of a recipe I got from a gourmet magazine and it was just as good! As per the gourmet version, I added a lot more garlic (5 cloves but will probably use even more next time) and 1/4 cup of capers at the end, which added a nice salty/tangy flavor. Next time I will try this with a can of drained tomatoes rather than the sauce because I think there was more than enough liquid with the beef stock. I think the nicest thing about this recipe is that it uses many fresh ingredients rather than canned or powdered soup, etc. that seems to be popular in crock-pot cooking. This might take a few more minutes to prepare than some other crock-pot recipes but it is definitely worth it!
- “amanda” : my grandmother is Cuban and makes Ropa Vieja. When I told her I made it …she tried it and loved it. This recipe just might be as good as hers. Love it , love it, love it. Only suggestion is…if you want it a little saucier….add more tomato sauce if you are eating over rice, we like it that way. Cook on low 6 hours for tenderness, and use flank steak; skirt steak is ok, but doesn’t shread as easily) Mmmmmm
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :