Inspired plant-based cooking can be pretty daunting. Whether you’re simply trying to eat less meat or you’re cutting out animal products, it can be challenging to make a plate of plants appealing. With a couple of tips and a handful of secret ingredients, however, you’ll be a vegan kitchen boss in no time.
As a starter check out this easy and delicious “Easy Bean Salad on a Budget” that will make you fall in love with vegan recipes if you’re not already…:
- 1 (15-ounce) can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can of unsalted corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 large avocado, diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup of diced red onion
- 1/2 cup of diced tomato
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice (about 1 small lemon or lime)
- Salt, to taste
In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients. The salad can be served chilled or at room temperature.