When I started eating lots of vegan recipes, at first it seemed daunting. How would I feed myself? But i quickly realized they can be some of the most creative, delicious and beautiful recipes out there!
Fast forward to today, and i’ve devoted my life to inspiring people to eat lots of vegetables in delicious ways. My forte? Veggie-packed recipes that are tasty, healthy, and pretty simple to make. You have 3 chances per day to eat yummy foods plant based. Why not start now?
This “Easy Vegan Pasta Salad” makes eating food plant-based fun, healthy, and most importantly: delicious!
- 500g San Remo Pasta Elbows (Spirals and penne work great too. Any smaller shaped pasta is ideal for this recipe)
- 250g cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, cut into quarters lengthways then thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh rocket
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (flaked almonds would be nice too)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (or sub for white/red wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 – 1 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook pasta according to packet instructions until al dente. Drain, rinse well with cold water and set aside.
- In the meantime, combine the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss together. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Add the pasta into the large salad bowl and pour on the dressing. Toss together until well-combined. Taste and season if desired.
- Enjoy immediately or cover and place into the fridge for later. Enjoy!