I specialize in recipes that are enjoyed by all, no matter your eating style, so whether you follow a plant based diet or are just looking to work a few more vegetables into your diet, you’re sure to find something you love. From vegan dinners, to breakfast, lunch, meal prep, desserts, and snacks, I have a little something for everyone! So here we are again today with a new glorious vegan recipe named “Extra Creamy Classic Hummus”, get in and let’s make it together:
- 2 cans (15 oz cans) of organic chickpeas (drain one can and reserve water from the second can)
- 1/2 to 1 cup good quality tahini (add 1 cup for extra creamy and less for a thicker consistency)
- Juice from one large lemon
- Chickpea juice from the can
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tsp salt (adjust to your taste)
- 1 tsp pepper
Blend everything in the blender until smooth and creamy.
Plate the hummus in a shallow bowl, decorate with chopped purple onions, roasted chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, parsley, lemon wedges, and crushed red pepper.
Enjoy with warm pita bread.