Looking for the best vegan recipes? This blog will help you cut out meat, dairy, and other animal products—and all recipes here prove that vegan food is anything but bland. After all, so many of the flavors we spice our meats with are plant-based: onions, garlic, spices, herbs…and so on. So today im happy to walk you through and yummy and tasty vegan recipes named “Fudgy Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie”:
- 3/4 cup refined organic coconut oil (solid, not liquid, if yours is liquid stick in fridge until a bit more firm)⠀
- 1 cup packed organic brown sugar⠀
- 1/2 cup organic granulated sugar⠀
- 2 teaspoons baking powder⠀
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda⠀
- 1 teaspoon sea salt⠀
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract⠀
- 1/3 cup water blended with 2 tablespoons ground golden flax-seed until smooth and creamy.⠀
- 2 1/4 cups organic all purpose flour⠀
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups vegan chocolate chips⠀
- Optional: flaked sea salt, for cookies that are extra
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream coconut oil, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and flax mixture until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Add flour, combine until well mixed. Add chocolate chips. Stir until incorporated.⠀
Transfer cookie dough to a 12 inch cast iron skillet. Press the dough with your hands to even and spread it out.
Sprinkle with flaked sea salt if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on your desired level of gooey center.
Top with vegan ice cream. Enjoy!