This “GARLIC ROASTED TOMATO CHICKPEA PASTA” is a showstopper centerpiece whatever the occasion. Richly flavored, it satisfies vegans and non-vegans alike! Made with simple ingredients, this vegetarian Plant Based recipe is easy to make.
If you’re like me and always feel short on time and don’t want to babysit something for hours, this is a great easy vegan recipe for you:
- 1/2 lb of pasta (I used spaghetti)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 white onion , thinly sliced
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 1 Can chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 1 tbsp herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Small handful fresh herbs (I used cilantro)
- Olive oil
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Flakey sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. On a baking sheet add the tomatoes and chickpeas. Drizzle over olive oil then season with salt, pepper, herbs de Provence, garlic powder. Bake in oven for 22 minutes then bump up heat to 475 and bake for an additional 7-10 minutes. Until charred.
2. Meanwhile cook pasta. While pasta is cooking add 2 1/2 tbsp vegan butter to a pan and sauté minced garlic and thinly sliced onions…for 4-6 minutes on low heat. Once pasta is done add directly to the pan with the onions and garlic… I added a couple tbsp of the hot pasta water too. I then add nutritional yeast, a drizzle of olive oil (about 2 tbsp) pepper and salt to taste, and chopped fresh herbs. Toss then once tomatoes and chickpeas are out of the oven add to pasta, toss again then serve hot! I like to add more fresh herbs and add a sprinkle of flakey sea salt.