Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Grandma’s Green Bean Casserole”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “kimar” : I tried this recipe twice. The first time I made it as printed. The onions were crunchy and raw, it was salty, and the flour made it too thick. I tried it again, incorporating suggestions from previous reviewers. I sauteed the onion in the butter until tender and translucent, and I reduced the salt and the flour by half, and added half of the cheese into the beans mixture. It was much better the 2nd time!
- “rima” : I LOVED this and so did my entire family. Just perfect, thank you! To a previous reviewer (Rose): Shame on you for leaving such a low rating after changing almost the entire recipe. Raters like you drive me crazy.
- “april” : Absolutely Amazing! I made this for Christmas exactly as the recipe is written, as I always try to do first, and then I made this again today, as a request by my husband for his regional meeting luncheon. The first time was really great with simple go to ingredients, but the second time with a little extra energy and personal preferences added….was to die for. The serving dish at the luncheon was all but licked clean. My husband even found one of his crew scraping the serving spoon to ensure all that was to be had was had! Too funny. The second time I made some minor changes. I used approximately 2 lbs fresh green beans which I steamed just shy of perfect since they were going in the oven as well, I used two 8oz blocks of Cabot (absolute hands down best cheese ever) seriously sharp cheddar (whatever reviewer said there was too much cheese would not be able to survive living at my house!) mixing about 4 oz into the beans, I minced my onion so there would be no large bites in my finished casserole, I added several turns of course ground black pepper, added about 1/2-1 t of garlic powder and finally used the French’s Onions at my husband’s request. The casserole was loved by all and I was finally not the one taking food home from a covered dish! Thank you so much Amy this is my new go to favorite for holidays AND covered dishes!
- “cinna” : My family and I liked this recipe much better than the ones with cream of mushroom soup. The only suggestion I have is to mix the cheese in with the green beans, otherwise it makes a crust on top that is hard to cut.
- “jany” : This recipe is a great alternative to the classic green been casserole with the fried onions. I first made this last year for a family dinner and it got rave reviews. I knew it was REALLY good when over the past year it was requested frequently. I wouldn’t change a thing, just be sure you use the CANNED FRENCH STYLE green beans.
- “hannah” : I keep forgetting to make these and oh yes…this is by far the best green bean casserole ever. My husband said it’s way better than using cream of mushroom. I read other reviews before hand and this is what I gathered: sauteed the onions (I always use red onions) with the butter first until translucent, cut back on the salt by half, 1.5 T. of flour, half cup of cheese mixed with the green bean, spread 3/4-1 cup cheese then sprinkled a tad bit of the crushed cracker and finished off with French’s fried onions (add some during baking and add more after).
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :