Hi all and welcome back to The Fabulous Mommies (Home of Plant Based recipes)! I Made “Hokkien Noodle Stir Fry” today so I thought I’d share with all my savoury lovers! I actually made a few varieties but will share this one for now and the others sometime next week. Hope you have all been well! Tag a friend who might like this in our instagram page:
- 1.5 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1.8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 packet (450g) hokkien noodles (i used for this “Share The Fantastic” Noodles)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch broccolini, roughly cut
- 1/2 bunch Chinese broccoli, roughly cut
- 100g tofu puffs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 stalks green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Prepare your sauce by combining all the ingredients into a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Bring a pot of small water to the boil and add in your hokkien noodles. Gently separate the strands then drain and rinse well under cold water.
- Heat the oil in a large frypan or wok over high heat. Add in the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute until fragrant. Add in the carrot and capsicum and fry for another 2-3 minutes, adding a splash of water as needed when the pan dries out. Add in your broccoli and broccolini and tofu puffs and fry for 1-2 minutes until greens have softened.
- Add in the prepared hokkien noodles and give the sauce another whisk before pouring into the pan. Toss well to coat the ingredients.
- Finally add in the green onion and sesame oil and fry for another minute.
- Garnish with green onion, chilli, sesame oil and chilli. Enjoy!