Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Mexican Chicken Empanadas”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “anna” : I used regular mayonnaise with about two tablespoons of hot and spicy mayonnaise added to make 1/3 cup. I also cooked the chicken breasts in chicken broth, because I had some broth over from another recipe. Also used cilantro paste as recommended from another reviewer, it worked out great.
- “vectoria” : I cooked the chicken with some salt, pepper, garlic, and cumin for extra flavor. I didn’t have the mayo, so used sour cream with some taco seasoning mixed in, but next time I’ll use more – it was still a bit dry. The filling also needs more cheese, so I’ll do that next time… maybe some pepperjack, and add more cilantro. I added diced red pepper, plus some jalapenos to my husband’s (he likes extra kick). I also just cut each piece of pie dough in 1/2 to make 4 total triangle pockets so that I didn’t have to roll, cut, roll, cut, etc. Just baked them a bit longer. We both agreed it was a keeper, just with a few tweaks! Great with a mexican rice side.
- “leslie” : Very yummy! I love the simplicity of this recipe, mainly for its use of store-bought pie crust. A tube of organic cilantro made it even quicker to make. I turned over a wide-rimmed cup to cut out my circles. They were about 3 1/2″ in diameter. I cut the recipe in half, since I wanted to use just one crust for our lunch. 1 Tbsp was plenty for the 7 circles I cut out. So 1/4 of the filling recipe made 7 empanadas for me. I’ll make the other 7 soon.
- “brenda” : Great recipe – so many of my favorite things in one yummy bundle, and lots of room for improvistion. Based on other users’ comments, I added a little fincely minced onion, garlic, red bell pepper and Anaheim chili. I prefer sour cream to mayo, so I used that with one adobo chili minced and stirred in, and I used finely shredded Pepper Jack Cheese. They smelled wonderful and tasted great. Will definitley make again.
- “denise” : I felt like a professional chef when I made these. They look exactly as pictured. I made my own chipotle aioli (goggled it, super easy). I broiled the chicken and shredded it pretty finely. I used a 4″ mug and made 17 rounds and just divided it equally and had no problem getting them to close. These look and taste awesome! They also heat up well. I served with chunky salsa.
- “tamara” : I couldn’t find chipotle mayo, so I added about a teaspoon of taco seasoning to plain mayo. I didn’t put any spices on the outside. 3 out of 4 of my kids thought this was the best dinner ever! (4th is a picky 3 year old) Takes a bit of time to make, but totally worth it. This will definitely go into my menu rotation.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :