Welcome to The Fabulous Mommies (Home of Plant Based recipes) where we serve up healthy, affordable, and Easy Vegan Recipes everyone will love!
So today i’m about to share a delicious vegan recipe made with simple and healthy “Minty Harissa Roasted Potatoes”! Eating vegan doesn’t have to be expensive either. Here you’ll find full instructions how to made it with everyday ingredients:
- 1.5 lbs baby potatoes/fingerling potatoes (partially cooked in boiling water and then set aside to cool. You can cut the potatoes into cubes or half them lengthwise before or after cooking. Just make sure they don’t cook all the way through)
- Unsweetened plant plain vegan yogurt – 3/4 Cup
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- Harissa paste – 1/4 cup (check your harissa paste for heat. If too spicy, use less)
- Turmeric – 1/2 Tsp
- Ground cayenne – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Fresh mint – 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 3 tbsp neutral oil
In a small skillet over medium, toast the coriander and cumin seed for about 2 minutes. Transfer to a spice grinder and pulse until coarse. Set aside
In a bowl, whisk the yogurt, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, corn starch, the ground spices, ground turmeric, cayenne (if using) and salt.
Stir in the harissa paste
Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
Add the potatoes to the spiced yogurt mix. Gently mix, making sure the potatoes are well-coated in the yogurt.
Cover the potatoes & refrigerate for 2 hours. The longer they rest in the marinade, the better.
Once the potatoes have rested, preheat a non- stick skillet (cast iron works best), add oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Place potatoes evenly & let them roast in the skillet until a golden-brown crust forms on the exterior. This takes 25-30 minutes for them to brown on all sides evenly
Turn off heat, stir in chopped mint & remaining lemon juice.