Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Mom’s City Chicken”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “gail” : One of my all time favorites…grew-up in Detroit and this was a mainstay in my Mom’s kitchen. We do not bake them just continued braising them in the covered frying pan after browning adding additional liquid as needed. We also sauteed cut onion and celery first and then browned and brasied the skewers along with the veggies. They were not crispy but we liked them that way! We used pork and stew beef which tenderized during the braising.
- “rima” : I’ve made city chicken for 50 years… now that veal is so expensive I have been using pork & boness chicken breast. I also cook them on the stove top but think I will try baking them next time. If you put the prepared city chicken on a dish & cover with a plastic wrap… then refrigerate for several hours or overnight the breading doesn’t fall off while browing or cooking it.
- “shannon” : I am from Michigan and my mom used to make this all the time. Now I make it for my kids and we never have left overs LOL The only thing I do different is after browning the meat I put them in a casserole dish with one can of cream of chicken soup and bake for about 30 min Then you have some gravy for your mashed potatoes. Great comfort food!!!
- “judie” : All I can say is WOW!! I’ve been looking for a city chicken recipe forever. It’s one of my husband’s favorite meals from his childhood (and yes we’re from NE Ohio). This recipe was my first attempt at making this dish and the hubby said it was even better than his mom’s! Even my kids loved it. There weren’t any leftovers. =) Definitely a keeper!!
- “mia” : I also grew up in NE Ohio and this was my absolute favorite Sunday dinner at Grandma’s house. The only difference was she always did the flour egg/milk breading and only once and not twice. I had been making it for years and it never tasted the same until I remembered she always tented the meat with foil and had water steaming below as this recipe mentions. THAT IS KEY. My Grandma always breaded pork chops with it too my second favorite dinner.:)
- “megan” : I’ve tried this method but been disappointed with the dryness/toughness of the final product. Here’s a tip I learned from my mother for very tender pieces of meat; after pan frying the breaded skewers place them on a slotted broiler pan and put a bit of water in the bottom pan (about a cup). Then cover with foil and tightly seal edges so as to keep in steam. Place in a 350 F oven for about 50 min. The meat will be very tender but the breading will still be very good. Not as quite as crispy but the tenderness of the meat is excellent. A worthy trade off. This also works well with breaded pork chops.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :