Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Old-Fashioned Lemon Pound Cake”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “gina” : I cut the sugar by 3/4c but definitely feel that was too much. If I make it again I will use 1&1/2 c of sugar. I also used 4 eggs instead of 5. I topped it with powdered sugar. Everyone liked it!
- “rene” : I loved it. The only change i made was that i added the juice of 1 whole lemon and i mixed it thoroughly on the mixer until fluffy.
- “keith” : Turned out great! Though I changed the amount of lemon extract to 1 1/2 tbsp and also added 1tbsp of lemon juice.
- “olivia” : Delicious cake that everyone loved! I just found the cake a bit dense and underwhelming in lemon.
- “clara” : The recipe author suggests using buttermilk in place of whole milk. I had some on hand, so I used buttermilk, otherwise, followed the recipe. The texture is not what I’m used to for a pound cake, it has more of what I consider a quick bread consistency. The cake is light, but I didn’t get much rise, so I’ll bump up the baking powder the next time. It certainly is quick-and-easy with ingredients I always have on hand. It’s a nice cake, just not what I think of as pound cake. This would be very good with fresh strawberries or raspberries over the top. Cookin Mama, thanks for sharing your grandmother’s recipe, we enjoyed it.
- “naela” : first time i’ve made any pound cake, following the directions 325 degrees for 30 minutes….thinking either the time or the temperature is way off. as it took close to hour and twenty minutes to finish cooking at 325. looks pretty, smells good, have yet to taste it though. top seems sticky so going to powder it with confectioner’s sugar.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :