Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Old World Poppy Seed Roll”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “miranda” : I made this recipe at the request of a friend except I used a traditional walnut filling instead of poppyseed because I did not have poppyseeds on hand. The recipe measurements are dead-on accurate. The dough has a brioche type texture. I found it to be soft and sweet and easy to work with. I had no problems rolling it and found that extra flour was not needed (get it, kneaded). During the hour it rested I kept it uncovered in my oven on proof. I would like to make this again using the poppyseed filling and will try substituting half the water out that is called for to make the dough with milk for even richer dough. Great recipe!
- “emily” : This dough is awesome! So easy to work with and turned out great. I cheated on the poppy seed filling and used canned.. But this dough recipe is definitely a keeper
- “karen” : Been making makos beigli for 30 years and my husband is Hungarian (among many other Magyar recipes). This recipe is the best of any I have found The dough is easy to work with and, yes, I use the canned poppy seed. I add a table spoon of honey and some grated lemon rind and a teaspoon or so of lemon juice to “doctor” the canned poppyseed. Enjoy!
- “robin” : Thank you, thank your mother and your aunt! This is indeed the old world recipe. I never thought I would find one better than mine. Until now! Perfection! I love this sweetbread, can you tell? 😉
- “vanesa” : I used to buy poppy seed rolls at a local farmer’s market…and marvelled at their deliciousness and seeming difficulty to make. I am so glad I found this recipe! A Polish friend requested a poppy roll for Christmas and so I experimented. Found this recipe and (thanks to all the previous reviewers!) tried this one as it had the best ratings and looked easy and sensible as well. Since we have an eggless kitchen I omitted the egg (added a half tb of cornstarch into the dough and rubbed the loaf with butter and cornstarch prior to baking), also used 9oz of poppy seeds, 2 tb extra of sugar in both the filling and the dough. It came out amazing! A Russian and a Pole at dinner both told me it was the best poppy seed roll they ever had. I loved it too and made more for presents…definitely a keeper! I’m now experimenting with whole wheat and sourdough versions. Awesome recipe! Thanks!
- “sara” : Made this for my father who may not be here next Easter. We always had poppy seed bread on Easter Sunday growing up in NJ. Moving to Fl, changed that. This Recipe was great and the closest I have seen to what I remember as the kid. It hit a home run for me with dad he really loved it. I found the recipe very easy especially for someone who relies on her bread maker and has not kneaded dough since 8th grade home economics….. thanks so much for sharing it will be a staple in my holiday bake book!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :