Welcome to The Fabulous Mommies (Home of Plant Based recipes) where we serve up healthy, affordable, and Easy Vegan Recipes everyone will love!
So today i’m about to share a delicious vegan recipe made with simple and healthy “Potato balls in spicy ponzu sauce”! Eating vegan doesn’t have to be expensive either. Here you’ll find full instructions how to made it with everyday ingredients:
- 1lb potatoes, skin removed & cubed
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup toasted cashews, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- oil for cooking, white pepper
- Ponzu sauce Mix 3 tablespoons soy sauce/tamari, 3 tablespoons mirin, 3 teaspoons maple syrup, juice of 1/2 lemon, zest of 1/2 lemon, 1 chopped Thai chili with 1/2 cup kombu dashi or water & 1 teaspoon of cornstarch until well combined.
In a heated non-stick pan with 2 teaspoons oil, sauté onion until soft & translucent. Add in carrots & continue to cook for 1-2 mins. Transfer to a bowl & set aside.
Place potatoes in a pot & add enough water to cover it. Bring it to boil & then lower heat to simmer. Cook until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain & mash until fine.
Add mashed potatoes to the onion & carrot mixture, then add in toasted cashews, salt & a few shakes of white pepper. Mix well & form into bite-size balls.
Bake method Preheat oven to 475F, then place potato balls on a lined baking sheet. Brush some oil on the balls & bake until golden brown, turning halfway.
Air fryer method (my favorite way) Preheat air fryer to 390F for 3 mins. Brush potato balls with oil, then place them slightly apart in the air fryer & ‘bake’ for 5-7 mins with a shake in between.
To make the sauce, add sauce ingredients to a preheated non-stick pan & let simmer until sauce is slightly thickened. Toss potato balls with sauce until they are well coated. Garnish with sesame seeds & scallions before serving.