Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “mira” : I have a couple of comments on this recipe. I recommend using black forest ham or any other type of deli sliced ham instead of prosciutto. It stands up to the cream cheese much better and goes very nicely with the asparagus. I’ve made this before as a cold appetizer and it’s great that way too. To do this, boil the asparagus for 1-2 minutes (depending on thickness) just until slightly softened. Immediately immerse in ice water. Drain and blot dry. Assemble as directed and refrigerate. You should boil the asparagus even for the cooked version or it will be crunchy. I found that if you boil the asparagus you should reduce the oven time to 7-8 minutes or the ham begins to get too crispy. Really good either way.
- “nancy” : Excellent combination of flavors! Very easy to prepare. Only change I made was peeling the asparagus first. (unless they are pencil thin). Peeling the stalk to about an inch from the tip makes it so tender (removes woody toughness).
- “elodie” : I followed the recipe to a tee using 2 to 3 asparagus spears in a bundle, and very softened cream cheese. I also tried one asparagus spear and cream cheese w/ the prosciutto…I found that the saltiness of the prosciutto overpowered the single asparagus spear. This side dish is outstanding with asparagus bundles, however ! I would even recommend using many asparagus spears… I was disappointed because we ate all of the asparagus and didn’t eat all of the prosciutto, although i LOVE it! No salt needed, it’s salty enough! My advice: add more asparagus.
- “samantha” : OMG! this is a winner!!! it’s not only easy to make…but SOOO GOOD!! I made it for new years and even the kids had it! I served it as appetizer and people didn’t have “enough room” in their tummies to have the main dish! The blanching is crucial! And using a very thin slice of Prosciutto is the perfect combination!
- “kim” : this recipe is excellent. I made it for Easter and it was a huge hit! I peeled the larger asparagus and blanched them all for 1 min then ice bath. I combine white asparagus with green for an awesome presentation. I also used garlic/herb cream cheese. Roasted at 450 for 12 min. YUMM
- “tracy” : I love impressive and easy recipes! I made this for a food & wine tasting and even my guests who dislike asparagus raved about it. I used provolone instead of the neufchatel and it was delicious, but ran short for the last few and substituted with cream cheese. I served it with store bought pesto sauce. Yum, yum, yum. Even good cold. Pairs very well with Pinot Noir.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :