Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Queen Elizabeth Cake”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “mira” : This is the recipe that I use with one small change. Instead of using 1 cup pitted chopped dates, I use 1 375 gram package of jaffa dates. I hadn’t made this cake for some time and inadvertently made the cake first with the 1 cup called for in the recipe. The next time I made it I tried 2 cups of dates. Finally, I realized that I had always used one full 375 g package. This makes all the difference in taste! Try it and enjoy!
- “vanesa” : I have made this cake many times and each time it is a hit, young and old. I like to serve it with a dallop of fresh whipping cream. It’s easy to make and take and trust me not a crumb will remain. (I also substituted milk for cream in the broiled topping and it turned out just as good)
- “naela” : I used pecans instead of walnuts and depending on my mood, sometimes I “double up” on the topping…doing this makes for a VERY rich cake, but super moist! One of my favorite recipes!
- “jerry” : One of the best cakes I’ve ever made. You can make as is, but to make it a bit more adult, I soak the fruit in 3/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup of dark rum, brandy or cognac. Any dried fruit works great, too. I use apricots and dates, dried cranberries or even dried apples. NEVER is any cake left when I make this.
- “anna” : This is a wonderful cake that my grandmother had been making for over 60 years. It’s in demand for Xmas at our house. It’s a treat for the adults, not a kiddie cake, althought they love it too. I use the topping on a cookie base for squares as well. I came in to add this recipe and was really suprised to see it here. DEFINATELY A MUST MAKE!
- “gina” : I have made 4 of these cakes in the last week. It is WONDERFUL!! My boss asked me to make it for his B-Day. He said his Grandmother made it for him every year and he had not had it since he was a boy. I doubled the recipe and made some cupcakes, worked great.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :