This “Rainbow Superfood Rolls ” is a showstopper centerpiece whatever the occasion. Richly flavored, it satisfies vegans and non-vegans alike! Made with simple ingredients, this vegetarian Plant Based recipe is easy to make.
If you’re like me and always feel short on time and don’t want to babysit something for hours, this is a great easy vegan recipe for you:
- Rice paper
- 7-10 sheets rice paper
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup each of green, red and yellow pepper sliced
- One zucchini spiralized or finely cut
- One carrot spiralized or finely cut
- One cucumber spiralized or finely cut
- 1/4 of a small red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 can chickpeas
- 100-150 g cellophane noodles or rice noodles
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Boil the noodles as per the instructions on the packaging, discard the hot water and rinse with cool water. Optional: Color one part of the noodles with beet juice and stir until all the noodles are pink. You can color the other part with a little bit of spirulina powder (for a nice turquoise color) or with turmeric powder (for a nice yellow color), get creative!
2. Finely cut or spiralize your veggies and fruits (in case you want to use fruits too)
3. Roast chickpeas with a little bit of oil and soy sauce (optional) in a saucepan
4. Fill a large bowl or pot with water and completely dip your rice paper in the water for about 10-20 seconds. I am using the following brand of rice paper
5. I used a lightly greased parchment paper on my working surface, to avoid that the rice paper sticks to the surface. Place your (cooled) noodles and veggies in the center of the rice paper and a bit in front of it
6. Roll it up carefully, it’s a bit tricky since the rice paper is very thin and can burst easily. I always seal the sides first
7. Dip in sauce, of choice, for example, soy sauce or peanut butte sauce.