I’m here to help you do Veganuary your way. Cooking vegan meals might seem daunting, but egg-, meat- and dairy-free recipes can be easy and delicious. From alternative versions of your family favourites to new veg-packed ideas, I’ve got plenty of vegan recipes for you like this amazing “Roasted Balsamic, Chilli & Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Pecans & Dried Cranberries” that we will make together today:
- around 620g Brussels Sprouts, halved
- a couple handfuls pecan nuts
- a Handful dried cranberries
- 3tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules – 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes – olive oil, for cooking
- salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/400F/gas mark. Line a large baking tray with non stick baking parchment.
2. Add your sliced sprouts to the lined baking tray then drizzle with a little olive oil, rub the oil into the sprouts using your hands, then season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast in the oven for 10 mins until slightly soft.
4. Meanwhile make the glaze by adding the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, garlic granules chilli flakes to a small bowl of jug, then whisk everything together until combined.
5. Take out the sprouts, add the pecans & dried cranberries, then drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
6. Place back into the oven and cook for another 5-10 minutes, until the sprouts are roasted but soft. Enjoy!