Inspired plant-based cooking can be pretty daunting. Whether you’re simply trying to eat less meat or you’re cutting out animal products, it can be challenging to make a plate of plants appealing. With a couple of tips and a handful of secret ingredients, however, you’ll be a vegan kitchen boss in no time.
As a starter check out this easy and delicious “Roasted Cauliflower Steak Nourish Bowl” that will make you fall in love with vegan recipes if you’re not already…:
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 head of cauliflower (about 600g roughly)
- 1tsp onion granules
- 1tsp garlic granules
- 1/2tsp smoked paprika
- 2tsp nutritional yeast
- Olive oil
- Pumpkin seeds/sunflower seeds or both (optional)
- Crushed sea salt & black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley for garnish.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/400F/gas mark 6. Line a high sided baking tray with nonstick baking parchment.
- Slice the cauliflower lengthways into thick slices using a large knife, then place them onto the baking tray.
- Drizzle the cauliflower steaks with a little olive oil until all sides of the cauliflower steaks are saturated.
- Add all the dry seasonings into a small bowl including the salt and pepper, then mix well until fully combined.
- Sprinkle the seasoning all over the cauliflower steaks on all sides until evenly coated.
- Cover the baking tray with tin foil and bake in the oven for 6mins, then take off the foil. Sprinkle the cauliflower steaks with seeds, then place back into the oven for a further 10-15 mins.
- Turn them over halfway through cooking time so both sides are crisp. Garnish with the chopped parsley!
Served with Brown rice, Red kidney beans, Cucumber, Avocado, Caramelised onion hummus & lots of spinach. Enjoy!