I’m here to help you do Veganuary your way. Cooking vegan meals might seem daunting, but egg-, meat- and dairy-free recipes can be easy and delicious. From alternative versions of your family favourites to new veg-packed ideas, I’ve got plenty of vegan recipes for you like this amazing “Spaghetti with Mushroom & Red Pepper Rosé Sauce” that we will make together today:
- 1-2 tbsp vegan butter (or olive oil)
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 250g container mushrooms (approx. 3 cups sliced)
- 1 bird’s eye chilli or hot red chilli
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/4- 1/3 cup vegan white wine
- 1/4 tsp each dried rosemary, thyme, parsley, and sage
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tsp mushroom ketchup (can substitute with tamari/soy sauce)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (can substitute with rice or white vinegar)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper
- spaghetti noodles or other pasta of choice
To prep, mince garlic, slice/dice chilli pepper, and slice mushrooms and bell peppers.
Sauté garlic in butter/oil in a large pan on medium heat for a few minutes, then add mushrooms and cook until they start to soften.
Add chilli, red pepper, white wine, and herbs and stir fry for a minute or two before adding tomato paste, plant milk, vinegar, and mushroom ketchup.
Increase heat to medium high until sauce is at a rolling boil and let sauce simmer until red peppers and mushrooms are softened to your liking.
Add spinach, vegan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste and reduce heat to medium.
Once cheese has melted and spinach is wilted, add cooked pasta and toss to completely coat the noodles.
Serve with a sprinkle of vegan parmesan and some fresh herbs. Enjoy!