Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Springfield Style Cashew Chicken”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “april” : I love this recipe. To lighten it up I use chicken tenderloins that I lightly season on both sides with salt and pepper then pan sautee in a non-stick pan coated with Pam. It tastes just as good as the breaded and fried version and is much much healthier. It’s even good when you omit the cashews (I never use 2 cups of cashews just a tablespoon sprinkled on top of each serving to lighten it up even more). Also I never have white pepper around so I just use black pepper with good results. The sauce is excellent!
- “deborah” : My husband grew up in Springfield and craves Cashew Chicken. We can’t find anything like it where we live so we decided to try this recipe. It is RIGHT ON! The only exception is the white pepper. It’s too much and not needed. Great recipe!
- “naela” : Finally i found a recipe that tastes like the real cashew chicken from Springfield MO. The birthplace of chinese food…..I lived in springfield and this is what I miss the most. This is the closest you will get to the real thing. Florida doesn’t serve cashew chicken like this. I have searched!! Alot of springfield mo people on this website they know what I’m talking about!! Same with Sweet and Sour chicken General Chicken so on. If ever in Springfield try Mr. Egg Roll on S. Campbell or Diamond Head YUM!!! Go Springfield!
- “helen” : I made this for my husbands birthday as a surprise for him. He grew up in Springfield MO and everytime he goes back…this is the first meal he eats. It tasted EXACTLY like it should taste and he will ask for it now about once every week. I did have a little trouble with the cornstarch but finally figured out the trick to it after calling a woman who lives in Springfield and makes it every week. By far…this is as close as you can get without having to go to Springfield!
- “susie” : I grew up in Pensacola florida and thought this was just typical chinese but when I traveled no chinese restaurant had ever heard of it. Some people named Chong owned it They sold it and the new owners altered it and it is not the same. I was devastated and when I found the recipe on line I was ecstatic!I make my sauce in the pan where I fried the chicken and make a sort of roux to add extra thickening and flavor.
- “sandy” : I wish more restaurants across America would make it this way! When I am in a hurry – I simply make the sauce and bake some Frozen Popcorn Chicken according to directions and serve over minute rice! YUM!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :