I specialize in recipes that are enjoyed by all, no matter your eating style, so whether you follow a plant based diet or are just looking to work a few more vegetables into your diet, you’re sure to find something you love. From vegan dinners, to breakfast, lunch, meal prep, desserts, and snacks, I have a little something for everyone! So here we are again today with a new glorious vegan recipe named “Tom Yum (Hot & Sour) Noodle Soup with Tofu”, get in and let’s make it together:
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 5 tsp of vegan tom yum paste
- 4 lime leaves optional
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 7 oz extra firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tbsp of neutral cooking oil
- 1 tsp of Mirin
- 4 oz cremini mushroom, sliced (optional)
- 2 med size carrots, sliced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp of agave
- Handful of string beans, cut in half
- 1 bag of dry noodles or 2-3 bags of ramen noodles
- salt, to taste
- fresh cilantro or mint leaves, lime wedges, black sesame seeds, and sliced onions for garnish
Serving size: 4
In a large pot, bring the vegetable broth to boil. Add the Tom yum paste, and lime leaves. Boil the broth over a medium low heat for 5 min. Meanwhile, heat up 2 tsp of oil in a sauté pan. Add cubed tofu, soy sauce and mirin. Fry the tofu until it is golden brown in both sides. Set it aside.
Add the coconut milk, mushrooms, string beans and the carrots to the broth and cook the soup for another 5 min until vegetables are tender. Turn the heat on low and add the lime juice, agave, salt and pepper.
In a separate pot, cook the noodles according to the directions in the package. Wash them and set it aside. Distribute the cooked noodles evenly amongst 4 bowls, pour in the generous amount of Tom yum soup, top each bowl with fried tofu, sesame seeds, lime wedges, onions and herbs. Enjoy!