I’m here to help you do Veganuary your way. Cooking vegan meals might seem daunting, but egg-, meat- and dairy-free recipes can be easy and delicious. From alternative versions of your family favourites to new veg-packed ideas, I’ve got plenty of vegan recipes for you like this amazing “Vegan Cosmic Brownies Recipe” that we will make together today:
- 1 cup almond butter (creamy + salted)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 flax “eggs” (2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 5 tbsp water, stir and let sit for 10-15 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate ganache frosting:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk if needed
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large bowl combine almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and flax “eggs” until well combined.
Add in cacao, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until fully incorporated (will be thick in texture).
Spread batter into parchment paper lined baking dish (or lightly greased). Bake for 22-28 mins (took mine out at 24).
Meanwhile make your chocolate ganache frosting. Combine all ingredients in a microwavable container.
You can leave as is (will be thick like cake frosting) or microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute for a thinner silky smooth chocolate ganache to pour over the brownies (stir in 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk after heating to fix any separation or thickness).
Spread frosting over brownies and cool slightly before adding sprinkles (if desired). Enjoy!