Plant Based recipes have always been a staple food in my household. They’re such a fresh, flavoursome dish and are a great meal to have with family and friends. One of my favourite recipes among them is “Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Pie” that they’re incredibly yummy and flavorful. And the abundance of fresh vegetables and herbs give these delicious vegan recipe, taste and texture:
- 1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (15-ounce) can of pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups silken tofu
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 prepared vegan pie crust
- Dollop of vegan whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Sprinkle of cinnamon for garnish (optional)
- Extra chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a small, microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Mix with a fork until smooth. (If the chocolate is still lumpy, microwave for 20-second intervals, mixing in between, until the chocolate is completely smooth.)
Combine melted chocolate, pumpkin puree, silken tofu, brown sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and ground cinnamon in a blender and blend on high until completely smooth.
Pour pie mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 30 minutes.
Let pie set in the refrigerator overnight, or for at least 6 hours.