Welcome again to The Fabulous Mommies (Home of Plant Based recipes), Today i will guide you how to make “Warming Chickpea Curry”. I made this Delicious vegan recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This yummy vegan recipe is easy to make and it walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it:
- 1 tablespoon coconut or neutral-flavored oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained, and rinsed well
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped, plus more for garnishing
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Yield: 2-3 Serving
Heat the oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, salt lightly, and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the onion is very soft and translucent. Add the garlic and ginger, and sauté for an additional minute or so. Add the spices and sauté, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
Add the crushed tomatoes, chickpeas, coconut milk and bring to a very low simmer. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Add the spinach leaves and stir to combine. The heat of the mixture will wilt the spinach fairly quickly.
Stir in the lime juice and chopped cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!